Food Service (American Dining Creations)
American Dining Creations operates the College’s food outlets. Our dining programs are geared toward the preferences and lifestyles of today’s student. These programs are designed to promote the mission of the institution, our commitment to improving quality of life spans and the entire campus dining experience.
In addition to meal plans designed for both Residence Hall students and commuters, there are several places on campus to purchase a quick meal. Whether it is a quick breakfast, lunch, or cup of coffee, American Dining Creations provide its customers with variety of services. Vending machines are also available on both campuses allowing students to have a grab and go option during busy schedule times. To learn more about our dining services, visit MVCCdining.com
- Residence Hall students are required to purchase one of the meal plans listed on the Room and Board Agreement: Resident Gold (14 meals) per week or Resident Platinum (14 meals with double portions of the Resident Gold Plan) . The Meal Plan Agreement is listed in listed in its entirety on page 4 of the Room and Board Agreement.
- Each Plan includes $100.00 of Hawk Dollars.
- Hawk Dollars are monies placed into an account accessed with an I.D. card, which is used like a debit card for purchasing food in any of the retail locations on campus. Additional Hawk Dollars can be added at any time during the semester.
- Commuter students may purchase plans offering 30, 45 or 60 meals throughout a semester plus $150.00 of Hawk Dollars. There are also several “Hawk only” commuter plans available. Meal plans may be purchased with financial aid.
Chef U is an entirely new type of dining experience where you become the chef. A vast array of ingredients are at your fingertips to mix, match, sauté & sizzle. Sauce it, stir it, spice it and devour it, there are no limits to what you can create!
Cucina will feature student favorites including an assortment of Neapolitan flatbread pizzas, handmade, tossed-to-order pastas, hand-stretched calzones, Stromboli, and Italian themed desserts like cannoli and zeppole.
Malt & Main will specialize in serving a unique and 100% customizable grill experience for Mohawk Valley Community College. Students will love our fresh, hand-pressed burgers on a pretzel roll or our succulent grilled chicken breast on our signature caramelized onion focaccia bun. Focusing on new trends−including global street foods and fusion cooking.
Global Eatery will cater to the growing diversity on Mohawk Valley’s campus with a sincere focus on the authentic replication of an ever changing variety of cuisines from a variety of domestic, regional, and global culinary traditions.
Elements (Allergen-free) This restaurant concept offers menus built 100% free from all eight FDA recognized food allergens, and will allow students with common food allergies to enjoy full meals and dine with confidence.
Greens & Grains was developed to offer a healthy on-trend alternative for today’s active campus community, our Greens & Grains concept will revolutionize the way students look at the traditional salad station. The College's new Greens & Grains station would increase the number of available options, including the addition of a wide variety of ancient grains, broths, premium proteins and a dizzying assortment of veggies on a seasonally rotating menu that students can use to create the ultimate salad.
NOTE: Commuter Plans roll over from the Fall to Spring semesters, but DO NOT roll over from Spring to Fall semester. Resident Meal Plan week runs from Friday to Thursday.
Sick trays are available to meal plan participants. If a student is unable to make it to the Resident Dining Hall due to illness, a friend may bring a sick tray to their room if they have a signed sick tray card and their Student I.D. card. Residents can obtain sick tray passes from the College nurse or from a Resident Director in Bellamy Hall Office.
American Dining Creations is making the healthy choice the easy choice by providing menu items that balance nutrition and indulgent flavors. All our menu items are labeled for the top 8 most common allergens and designated Red, Yellow and Green for nutritional value.
Mo Money-Similar to Hawk Dollars, Mo Money is an all in one debit card account which works with your ID card. When you’re hungry stop by one of the locations, swipe your card and you're on your way. No searching for change or worrying about where you left your wallet. Unlike Hawk Dollars it isn't tax exempt, so it's just an easier way for our faculty, staff and students without meal plans to purchase their morning coffee, or to come in for lunch. No need to fumble with loose change before you've had your morning cup.
Dining Policies & Procedures
One of our main goals is to provide a pleasant, clean, comfortable and satisfying dining experience. In order to meet this goal, we ask for your assistance with the following procedures:
- Please bus your plates and disposables from your table when you have finished dining.
- Remember that Meal Cards are non-transferable. Meal Cards cannot be used by anyone but the purchaser.
- Book bags are not allowed in the Dining Hall. Please return them to your room or place them in the lockers provided at the entrance. ADC is not responsible for lost or stolen book bags.
- Please refrain from foul and abusive language or disruptive behavior while in the dining hall.
- Help keep the dining room clean by refraining from throwing food or any other objects while in the dining hall.
- COVID-19 is still a concern, please follow all guidelines set forth in the dining
Failure to comply with the above policies will result in disciplinary action.