New Student Employment Hiring Process
We are excited you’re interested in working on campus! There are many reasons and benefits to working as a student employee while attending MVCC, including to offset the cost of higher education and to obtain valuable experience, which can help build your resume. We offer our students a variety of employment opportunities at the College and look forward to working with you to find the right fit.
On-campus jobs for Fall 2022 will be posted starting on Aug. 22, 2022.
Steps for Student Employment
- Determine if you’re applying for work study or student assistant positions.
- Apply online for jobs through Handshake.
- Interview with hiring supervisors for jobs.
- If hired, attend new student employee orientation (register on Handshake).
- If hired, complete hiring paperwork with the Human Resources department.
- Begin work!
(Be sure to establish your schedule with your supervisor, be a reliable employee, and complete your timesheets each pay period.)
- Student Employment Hiring Guide
- How to Apply for an On-Campus Job Online
- Please feel free to stop into our online office hours for help at any point in the process.
Student Employment FAQ
Yes. Many offices and departments at MVCC employ students, including the Athletics Department, Human Resources, Admissions, Information Technology, the Learning Commons, and the Library. There are many opportunities to find employment in an area you are interested in.
All employees are required to complete the Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9) form to verify that they are able to work in the United States. In order to complete the I-9 form, all new hires are required to provide original and unexpired forms of identification to the Human Resources Office at MVCC.
For a list of acceptable forms of identification please visit www.uscis.gov/i-9.