Career Development Center
We realize that career planning can be complex and decisions are difficult, so the Career Development Center has dedicated professionals to assist MVCC students and alumni with forming career and educational goals, and making decisions about their futures. Additionally, as you approach graduation we provide services to assist you with a successful job search.
- Major and career exploration and counseling
- Resume and cover letter assistance
- On- and off-campus part-time job opportunities
- Job search, networking, and interview skills training
- Connecting students and alumni with local employers
- Career panels, company visits, on-campus recruiting, and career fairs
How to contact us:
- Location: Alumni College Center room 102, Utica Campus
- Hours: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Phone: 315-731-5847
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: mvcc_careerdevelopment
Staff are available for individual appointments on the Utica campus and virtually 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. To join virtual walk-in hours and view career events, visit mvcc.edu/careerevents.
The Career Development Center fosters a supportive environment that assists students with their journey of self-exploration and provides students with the ability to make a successful transition. Through this philosophy we work to empower students to develop comprehensive educational and lifelong career goals that are aligned with each student’s individual values to promote student success.
The Career Development Center strives to inspire student potential through the elimination of barriers induced by limitations of knowledge and experiences. Through exploration and reflection, we hope to enable students to look within themselves to uncover hidden potential in order to thrive in a globally diverse society.
The MVCC Career Development Center is committed to providing support for all students. If you have a documented disability and need accommodations for an upcoming event or appointment, please complete the Student Event Accommodations form. To the greatest extent possible, the Career Development Center will observe confidentiality with respect to any request for accommodation.