MVCC’s Career Transition Program, a Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS) program funded by ACCES-VR, prepares students with disabilities for employment, explores their post-secondary education options, develops their employment-related soft skills, and assists them in obtaining work experience. Students with disabilities ages 14 to 21 who are enrolled in high school or post-secondary education/training and are not already receiving vocational rehabilitation services are eligible for this free program. The Career Transition Program provides these five services to students:
- Job Exploration Counseling including career interest inventories, and opportunities to learn about in-demand careers, entrepreneurship, and more.
- Work-Based Learning Experience (WBLE) including site visits, employer panels, internships, and more.
- Counseling on Opportunities for Enrollment in Post-secondary Educational Programs including information on colleges, certificate programs, training schools, apprenticeships connecting with adult services, etc.
- Workplace Readiness Training to Develop Social Skills and Independent Living including topics like social media impact and expectations, professionalism, financial literacy, driving permit readiness, travel orientation and mobility skills, time management, organization skills, resume writing, interviewing, etc.
- Instruction in Self-Advocacy including topics like speaking up for yourself, disclosing disability, understanding disability, differences to be expected from school age to adulthood, etc.
Please complete the CTP Information/Intake Form and provide documentation. Form and documentation can be sent to email@example.com fax: 315-731-5868, or drop it off at the Office of Accessibility Resources office in Wilcox Hall, Learning Commons.