If you’re handy and looking to learn a skill that will always be in demand, you might want to consider a career in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning, or HVAC. There are two options in this program — the two-year AOS degree and the one-year certificate. Both will prepare you to meet the growing need for residential, commercial, and industrial HVAC professionals. Coursework blends theory and hands-on practice.
All courses in the certificate apply toward the AOS degree. Click here for more information about the one-year HVAC Certificate program.
Upon completion of the two-year program, students should be competent in the following areas:
- Successfully pass Section 608 of the EPA
- Ability to be a safe and competent HVAC&R technicians
- Ability to apply basic technical concepts to the solution of HVAC&R electrical systems
- Communicate effectively
- Interact effectively in a diverse society
- Promote environmental awareness & proper refrigerant handling
- Demonstrate information literacy
- HVAC service technician
- HVAC installer
- Lab technician
- Facilities maintenance mechanic
- Facilities operation technician
Required Internship course provides 90 hours of experience in a supervised professional setting.