Welcome to the Cyberlab, the place for everything cybersecurity! MVCC is designated as the NSA’s Northeast Regional Resource Center (RRC). In this role, MVCC assists other colleges and universities in their efforts to acquire or maintain Center of Academic Excellence (CAE) status with the NSA.
- Computer Science: Cybersecurity AS DegreeA.S. degree requirements
- 1 Year Certificate in Cybersecurity1-year certificate requirements
- RRC / CAERegional Resource Center / Center of Academic Excellence
- CyberhawksMVCC's cybersecurity club
- CNY HackthonCybersecurity hacking competition
- GenCyberNSA/NSF-funded cybersecurity summer camp
- Faculty InformationFull-time faculty bios
- Cybersecurity NewsCybersecurity Digest
As part of MVCC’s RRC efforts to support the CAE community, MVCC is deploying a regional hackathon competition this fall for schools in the Northeast region. To help schools prepare for this competition, or for schools looking to start a cybersecurity club, we created a video resource collection to assist students, faculty, and mentors in developing relevant technical skills. The video resource covers topics such as:
- Linux administration
- Networking configuration
- Defending services
- Capture the Flag
- Faculty & mentor guide
You can start viewing the series by visiting the full Cyberlab playlist directly. Be sure to subscribe or check back for updates as more content is still being developed! If you have any questions or suggestions for how MVCC can further assist the community in supporting cybersecurity education efforts, contact cybersecurity faculty James Rice.