Ready to Apply?Start the application process now!
Civil Engineering Technology is a great starting point for students interested in a career that will shape the future of the built environment around us and the infrastructure we depend on. Students take classes in statics, steel & concrete design, CAD, soil mechanics, hydrology & hydraulics, surveying, highway design, and construction management in addition to the core courses of English, math, social science, and physical education.
Graduates of the Civil Engineering Technology program typically begin their careers as engineering technicians providing support to senior engineers. Additional career opportunities include construction inspection, materials testing, infrastructure maintenance and more. This two-year program also prepares students to continue their studies at the baccalaureate level.
Graduates enter the workforce with the technical knowledge, problem-solving and teamwork skills necessary to get a job in the industry or move on to a four-year college fully prepared for their coursework.
Benefits of MVCC’s CET Program
- A recognized long-term program
- Small class and lab sizes for individualized attention
- Modern laboratory equipment
- Theory and hands-on experience
- State-of-the-art computer labs
- Scholarships and academic support
- On-campus career counseling and placement services
- Employment opportunities in the field after the two-year program
- Graduates can transfer seamlessly to a four-year college or university
Program Educational Objectives
The program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET.
|Full-Time and Part-Time Enrollment|
Preparing our students for transfer to four-year baccalaureate programs is a significant focus area for our program. We assist students with resumes, transfer applications, letters of recommendation and more. Articulation agreements between MVCC and other schools ease the transfer of most or all credits when students transfer to four-year colleges. MVCC has articulation and/or joint admissions agreements with four-year universities including SUNY Polytechnic Institute and others.
Many graduates choose to enter the workforce after completing their two-year degree at MVCC. Career opportunities can be found in specialized fields including planning, design, construction, operation, and maintenance of all components of the world’s infrastructure. Graduates of the Civil Engineering Technology program may be employed by state and local government agencies, private engineering firms, construction contractors, testing agencies, and more.
Scholarships and Awards
- Rudolph A. Schatzel Scholarship
- Civil Engineering Scholarship Fund
- Louis A. Falvo, Jr. Memorial Scholarship
- For Pete’s Sake Scholarship
- Gerald E. Griffin Memorial Scholarship
- John H. McMillan Memorial Scholarship
- Albert V. Payne Scholarship
- James C. Sheaffer Memorial Scholarship