Discover the world of ornamental metal craftsmanship with our comprehensive Ornamental Welding microcredential. Learn the welding methods that bring life to captivating metal objects and structures. Gain hands-on mastery over a range of metals, from the timeless elegance of wrought iron to the modern allure of stainless steel and aluminum. Elevate your skills and open doors to exciting opportunities as you forge your path to an ornamental welding career.
Gain these in-demand skills
- Arc welding
- Oxy-welding and cutting using acetylene equipment
- TIG (Tungsten Inert Gas) welding
- MIG (Gas Metallic Arc) welding
- Non-ferrous and ferrous metals welding in all positions
- Plasma welding and cutting
- Safety procedures in welding
- Design and fabrication of wrought iron and sculpture
- Ornamental metal fabrication
Oxy-Acetylene Welding Procedures MT170 4 cr.
This course covers the theory, methods, and use of acetylene equipment to oxy-weld and cut in all positions.
Welding Procedures for MIG & TIG MT270 4 cr.
This course covers the theory and use of TIG (Tungsten Inert Gas) and MIG (Gas Metallic Arc) welding, including nonferrous and ferrous metals in all positions. Topics include plasma welding, cutting, and safety procedures.
Welders Ornamental Iron & Blacksmithing MT276 4 cr.
o This course covers the design and fabrication of wrought iron and sculpture. Topics include the theory of blacksmithing and the use of the forge on various metals. Safety is stressed.