The purpose of the Promotion Appeals Committee for Administrators (AMVA) is to review all appeals by administrators who have been denied promotion and to make recommendations regarding the denied promotion to the appropriate Vice President or Cabinet member.
- Colleen Cornmire, Non-Academic - Level II or Higher
- Julie Dewan, Academic - Level II or Higher
- Gary Broadhurst, Non-Academic - Level II or Higher, Chair
- Steve Frisbee, Non-Academic - Level II or Higher
- Shane McGovern, Academic - Level II or Higher
- Review and discuss evaluation documents, including job descriptions
- Record appeals recommendations as necessary
- Recommend administrators for promotion if deemed appropriate
- Report of a general nature to the College Senate at least once a year and provide feedback and suggestions, as needed, on the promotion process
- Make final determinations
- Discuss contractual issues
- Keep the College mission front and center.
- Be creative and think big.
- Think about what’s best for the students.
- Seek to understand and recognize there are multiple perspectives to each issue.