The purpose of the Diversity and Global View Committee is to oversee and assist in the implementation of the College’s commitment to diversity and a global view.
- Kyle Lince, Faculty, Chair
- Rosemary Spetka, Registrar
- James Sunderhaft, Student Affairs
- David Yahnke, Student Affairs
- Tania Bader, Administrative Services
- Sharon Zohne, Non-teaching professional
- Marissa Flo, Classified Staff
- Bella Popowski, Rome Campus
- Erica Carrock, Campus Events Committee
- Emily Gifford, Coordinator of International Students
- Michelle Kelly, Faculty
- Melissa Thomas, Faculty
- Erin Severs, Faculty
- Jennifer Krohn, Faculty
- Standing subcommittee of three DGV members for DGV event approval as they arise during the semester.
- Standing subcommittee of three DGV members to recommend DGV designation for courses to entire committee.
- Chair elected annually by the committee.
- Review procedures and activities associated with the implementation of the Diversity and Global View general education requirement
- Serve as the College-wide group with primary responsibility for coordinating the effective assessment of student learning in the Diversity and Global View area
- Collaborate with Curriculum, General Education, Art Infusion, Cultural Committees, Marketing, and IT offices to ensure DGV infusion
- Make recommendations to the full College Senate and the VPLAA for changes and refinements to the DGV requirements and activities
- In addition to annual written reports, make periodic updates and recommendations to the College Senate and the VPLAA regarding committee actions
- Make decisions
- Discuss personnel issues
- Discuss contractual issues
- Keep the College mission, with an emphasis on the student experience, front and center
- Continually investigate new ideas to integrate and enrich DGV offerings.
- Communicate and share information with the other appropriate committees to coordinate related activities.