The International Committee fosters an understanding of the interconnectedness of global communities by providing education and raising awareness of cultures, heritage, and traditions. The Committee works with the MVCC Cultural Events Council and other committees to promote intercultural opportunities for the College community and to create and organize educational events and initiatives.
Bi-monthly meetings with extra meetings as needed
- Aiko Kane, Staff
- Alison Doughtie, At-Large Faculty
- Kristen Edwards, Staff
- Carolyn Pace, At-Large Faculty, Co-Chair
- Gabriel Melendez, At-Large Faculty
- Emily Gifford, Coordinator of International Students, Co-Chair
- Jim Roberts, Associate Dean
- Brandon Walcutt, At-Large Faculty
- Gerald Villarreal, Staff
- Suzanne Neary, Staff, Secretary
- Amit Sharma, At-Large Faculty
- Yue Riesbeck, Staff
- Karen Getman, At-Large Faculty
- Serve as a clearinghouse to review, evaluate, and make recommendations about international initiatives and efforts including study abroad
- Serve as an advisory committee to the Campus on international initiatives and events
- Support international opportunities for students, faculty, and staff
- Work collaboratively with other educational institutions and/or community organizations to promote international education and awareness
- Organize and participate in International Awareness and Education on- and off-campus.
- Discuss contractual issues
- Keep the College mission, with an emphasis on the student experience, front and center.
- Research new ideas to enrich the students' educational experience.
- Communicate and share information with other committees to coordinate initiatives and events.