The purpose of the Safety and Security Committee is to review current security policies and procedures and make recommendations for improvement. This advisory committee is responsible for ensuring that the procedures for educational programs on safety, sexual assault, and crime prevention are in place and that reporting, referral, counseling, and response mechanisms for security and safety are also updated and monitored regularly. The Committee shall report, in writing, to the College President and the College Senate on its findings and recommendations at least twice yearly and such report shall be available upon request. The membership of this committee is mandated by the State University of New York.
- David Amico, Director of Public Safety, Chair
- Ryan Barsuch, Security Team - Alternate Chair
- Karen Sabonis, College Nurse
- David Bolinski, Rome Campus
- George Aylesworth, Environmental Health and Safety
- Marek Koscinski, At-Large
- Mike McHarris, Direct or Facilities and Operations
- Tamara Mariotti, Coordinator of Disability Services
- Erica Kennard, VPSA or Designee
- Erica Kennard, Residence Halls
- Kate Polivka, At-Large
- Tom Squires, VPAS or Designee
- Research new ideas to enhance safety concerns on campus
- Synthesize by combining ideas of numerous departments and utilizing information from each to enhance public safety
- Identify problem areas and take appropriate action to resolve security issues
- Develop ideas to enhance existing policies and procedures where applicable
- Communicate safety concerns to department members, faculty, staff, and students
- Make decisions
- Discuss personnel issues
- Discuss contractual issues
- Keep the College mission front and center.
- Be creative and think big.
- Think about what’s best for students.
- Seek to understand and recognize there are multiple perspectives to each issue.