The purpose of the General Education Committee is to review and advise the College Senate on the rationale, aims, structure, policies, courses, and assessment pertaining to General Education and student competencies.
- Norayne Rosero, Assessment Liaison, Standing
- Erin Severs, At-Large, VPLAA Appointment, 2018
- Melissa Barlett, At-Large, VPLAA Appointment, 2020
- Scott Seldon, Faculty - ARTD, Elected, 2020
- Barbara Scantlebury, Faculty - BCCS, Elected, 2018
- Melissa Thomas, Faculty - SSPS, Elected, 2019
- Mike Faitell, Faculty - HUEN, Elected, 2019
- Robert Mineo, Faculty - MSNC, Elected, 2019
- Brian Judycki, Faculty - PSAT, Elected, 2020
- Carmen Elwell, Library Staff, Elected, 2020
- Recommend approval of courses identified for satisfying the general education requirements
- Collaborate with appropriate constituencies to facilitate the assessment of student learning in the general education programs and competencies
- Review, on a periodic basis, the MVCC general education and competencies requirements and recommend any changes
- Monitor and assure coordination between MVCC and SUNY general education policies and procedures
- Issue an annual written report and make periodic updates and recommendations to the College Senate
- Make final determinations
- Determine policy
- Discuss contractual issues
- Keep the College mission, with an emphasis on the student experience, front and center.
- Recognize there are multiple perspectives to each issue.
- Maintain communication with the Office of the VPLAA, Academic Centers, IEC, CWCC, DGV committee, and other appropriate parties.
Updated Feb. 20, 2017