The purpose of the General Education Committee is to review and advise the College Senate on the rationale, aims, structure, policies, courses, and assessment pertaining to General Education and student competencies.
- Aaron Lewis, Faculty BCCS Department
- Jim Lynch, At Large
- Marie Miknavich, Director of Institutional Research
- Maureen Erickson, Assessment Liaision
- Melissa Barlett, At-large
- Melissa Thomas, Faculty SSPS Department
- Mike Faitell, Faculty HUEN Department
- N/A, Assessment Liaison
- Robert Mineo, Faculty MNSC Department, Chair
- Mike Sisti, Faculty PSAT Department
- Josh Piejko, Faculty ARTD Department
- Claire Ehrlich, Library Staff
- Recommend approval of courses identified for satisfying the general education requirements
- Collaborate with appropriate constituencies to facilitate the assessment of student learning in the general education programs and competencies
- Review, on a periodic basis, the MVCC general education and competencies requirements and recommend any changes
- Monitor and assure coordination between MVCC and SUNY general education policies and procedures
- Issue an annual written report and make periodic updates and recommendations to the College Senate
- Make final determinations
- Determine policy
- Discuss contractual issues
- Keep the College mission, with an emphasis on the student experience, front and center.
- Recognize there are multiple perspectives to each issue.
- Maintain communication with the Office of the VPLAA, Academic Centers, IEC, CWCC, DGV committee, and other appropriate parties.
Updated Feb. 20, 2017