The purpose of the Academic Policies and Standards Committee is to review and advise on matters pertaining to academic policy, to include academic standards.
- Stacey McCall, Chair, Faculty, Elected, 2017
- Nicholas Gioppo, Faculty, Elected, 2019
- Marianne Buttenschon, Academic Deans, Elected, 2019
- Rosemary Spetka, Registrar, Standing
- Mike Henningsen, Student Services, Vice President for Student Affairs Appointment, Standing
- Joann DeTraglia, Rome Dean Representative, Standing
- Aaron Fried, Curriculum Committee Chair, Standing
- Maryrose Eannace, Vice President for Learning and Academic Affairs, Standing
- Make recommendations to the College Senate regarding matters of academic policies and standards
- Conduct research on the academic policies and standards practices of other community colleges to inform practice and procedure at MVCC
- Review and ensure accuracy of academic policies and standards statements in the College Catalog
- Submit annual written reports to the College Senate and make meeting minutes available to the College community
- Discuss contractual issues
- Keep the College mission, with an emphasis on the student experience, front and center.
- Identify pathways and practices that maintain high academic standards and support student success.
- Seek to understand and recognize there are multiple perspectives to each issue.
- Coordinate information with curriculum and distance education committees.