The purpose of the Academic Policies and Standards Committee is to review and advise on matters pertaining to academic policy, to include academic standards.
- Nicholas Gioppo, Faculty, Chair
- Stacey McCall, Faculty
- Julie Dewan, Dean
- Thomas Jennings, Faculty
- Melissa Thomas, Faculty
- Russell Penner, Faculty
- Rosemary Fuoco, Faculty
- Angie Christian, Faculty
- Aaron Fried, CWCC Chair
- Joann Detraglia, Rome Campus Designee
- Jim Lynch, VPLAA or Designee, Non-Voting Member
- Kaylynn Riedman, VPSA
- Rosemary Spetka, Registrar
- Make recommendations to the College Senate regarding matters of academic policies and standards
- Conduct research on the academic policies and standards practices of other community colleges to inform practice and procedure at MVCC
- Review and ensure accuracy of academic policies and standards statements in the College Catalog
- Submit annual written reports to the College Senate and make meeting minutes available to the College community
- Discuss contractual issues
- Keep the College mission, with an emphasis on the student experience, front and center.
- Identify pathways and practices that maintain high academic standards and support student success.
- Seek to understand and recognize there are multiple perspectives to each issue.
- Coordinate information with curriculum and distance education committees.