If you strive to help solve problems in society, you may want to consider an education in public policy, which can lead to an impactful career in a variety of fields. This program is the perfect starting point, preparing you for transfer into a broad range of four-year degrees in specialized interest areas. You’ll gain an understanding of public policy-making and learn to develop and implement policy changes that help people live better lives.
Upon completion of the two-year program, students should be competent in all of the following areas:
- The ability to distinguish between empirically grounded social science data and opinion.
- Read, speak, and write effectively
- Interact within a diverse population
- Analyze quantitative information and think critically
- Demonstrate information literacy
Graduates have successfully transferred to:
- St. John Fisher College
- SUNY Albany
- SUNY Cortland
- SUNY Oswego
- SUNY Polytechnic Institute
- Utica University
- Public relations specialist
- Government employee
Optional Internship course provides 90 hours of experience in a supervised professional setting.