This two-year program will provide the knowledge and training you need to start your career or pursue advanced education in law enforcement. Following standards prescribed by the New York State Municipal Police Training Council, this degree program provides the associate-level credentials required by many law enforcement agencies for hiring and promotion. Learn from law enforcement professionals and current practitioners in criminal justice-related fields, and get real-world experience as part of the Phase 1 Academy.
Upon completion of the two-year program, students should be competent in all of the following areas:
- Ability to meet the SUNY General Education requirements
- Ability to enter the field of Law Enforcement
- Speak and write effectively
- Interact in a diverse population
- Analyze quantitative information, and think critically
- Demonstrate information literacy
Graduates have successfully transferred to:
- Bellevue University
- Keuka College
- SUNY Seamless Transfer (ex. Albany, Binghamton, Buffalo, Stony Brook)
- Utica University
Provides the education component for future employment in the field of law enforcement
Direct application of skills in the Phase 1 Academy.