MVCC will issue one official transcript at no charge. Each additional MVCC transcript costs $10.00.

Mohawk Valley Community College has retained Credentials Inc. to accept transcript orders over the Internet.  Please click on the TranscriptsPlus icon below to enter your order.  If you are uncomfortable placing an order over the Internet, you can call Credentials Inc. at 847-716-3005 to place your transcript request.  There is an additional operator surcharge for placing orders over the telephone.

Official transcripts are produced on security paper and sent by standard U.S. mail in a sealed envelope. The envelope is stamped "Official Transcript Enclosed" and sealed with a multicolored signature. Some institutions accept electronically produced PDF transcripts. If so, there will be an option to request that when you order the transcript.

When the transcript is issued to the student, the transcript is stamped "Issued to student." Once the envelope is opened, the transcript is no longer considered official.

This information is released in accordance with the Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and cannot be further disclosed without prior written consent of the student. All outstanding obligations (financial, academic or administrative) due to the College must be cleared before your request will be processed.

Are you a new student?

Do you just want to take a course, but not work toward a degree?  If so, please fill out this form: Non-Matriculated Admission Form

You will receive a PIN number and instructions on how to register for courses after you submit the form via email.

Are you a current student?

Do you have a PIN for your SIRS account?  If so, just go in and schedule it like any other course.  (Only available during posted Registration times.)
You can schedule a class in person as well, during posted registration times, at the Office of Records and Registration in Utica or at the Rome Student Service Office.

If you don’t have a PIN or lost it, please use this link to request one, or come in person to the Office of Records and Registration in Utica or the  Rome Student Service Center, with a photo ID.

Please Note:

If you want to work toward a degree orcertificate, but just want to take a course at a time, you must be admitted to the college. The link to apply is:  

You will be contacted by the Admissions Office with further instructions.  If you are already admitted and working toward your degree, you can follow the instructions above for scheduling.

The  “M” number is your student ID number. You receive it from Admissions if you are a degree seeking student.

If you are not seeking a degree, you are issued one by the Office of Records and Registration either when you schedule in person, or if you request a PIN number through the online form.  If you don’t know what it is, you can find out in a couple of ways:

  1. Come in person to the Office of Records and Registration or the Rome Business/Registrar’s Office with a photo ID
  2. You can fax a request to the ORR to 315-792-5698 with a signature

PIN Numbers cannot be given out over the phone.

New Students: The PIN is issued to new matriculated students through the Admissions Office.

Current Students: Current students, if you have been in the system before you had to set a security question.  Go to the login page, put in your ID number and then click on Forgot PIN? Your security question will come up. You can answer it and then reset to a new PIN. It has to be six digits and all numbers.

If you have not used the system or don’t have a PIN, you will need to get it one of two ways:

  1. In person at the Office of Records and Registration in Utica or the Rome Business Office with photo ID
  2. Go online to the link below: fill out the form, print it out, sign and mail or fax it to us. There is usually less than a 24 hour turn around time to email the PIN to you.

Go to  Hover over Current Students and click on the SIRS link (with the key symbol).

Use your MVCC ID number (starting with "M").  The PIN is a six digit number that is usually first issued by the Office of the First Year Experience. The Office of Records and Registration can help you set up a PIN if you never received one.

The PIN number for using SIRS is NOT the last four digits of the Social Security number. that is the PASSWORD for Blackboard and MVCC email.

The PIN for SIRS is a six digit number. It is random and issued by the Admissions Office for new matriculated (degree seeking) students. For non-matriculated students, it is issued by the Office of Records and Registration.

1. Look up courses and note their CRNs (course reference numbers)
2. Log in to SIRS
3. From the Main Menu go to the Registration Menu
4. Go to Build Your Schedule or Add/Drop Classes
5. Select a Term and click SUBMIT
6.  Enter CRNs and click SUBMIT
7. Return to Registration Menu and choose Concise Student Schedule
8. Review schedule for accuracy and print schedule
9.  Return to Main Menu and choose VIEW MY BILL, PAY MY BILL, CONFIRM MY CHARGES
10.  Select payment option and click Confirm Charge
1. Test and/or Prerequisite Error – This means that you are trying to schedule a course that requires that another course be completed first.  The system will not allow students to schedule the class unless someone from Advisement overrides it. Please contact Advisement.

2. Link Error – This means that the class requires both a lecture and a lab component. There are two CRNs that need to by input at the same time or it will not take.

3. Class Closed/Waitlisted – This means that the class is closed, but you can put yourself on the waitlist for the next available seat.  Use the dropdown arrow next to the CRN to select "Add to Waitlist," then SUBMIT again. There are no guarantees that you will get into a waitlisted class.

Your MVCC email address is first initial last name, day of The password is the last four digits of your social security number. If you did not provide the college with your social security number, the password will be the last four digits of your "M" number.

For example, if your name is Sue Smith, born on August 12 and your SSN is 123456789.  Your Email address is and your Password is 6789.

When you login to your MVCC email account, use just your first initial, last name and day of birth along with your PIN.

A waitlist is a list of students who want to register for a course section that is already full.  Here is a link to common questions that are asked regarding waitlists.

If you are a new student, please contact the Admissions Office before the start of classes to change your major. This change will take effect within 48 hours.

After the third week of classes all changes of major are done in the Advisement Office. This change will take effect in the following semester.

If you changed your major but you don't see the change in SIRS, please contact the Office of Records and Registration.

1. Come to the Office of Records and Registration or Rome Business Office in person

2. Either mail or fax us a request to change your address. It must be signed. The link to the form is

The Office of Records and Registration can provide an enrollment verification letter on the spot if you come to us in person. If you have a special form that needs to be filled out, please bring it in or mail or fax it to us.

  1. Login to your SIRS account
  2. Go into Academic Records
  3. Choose the correct semester in the drop down menu
  4. Click on the link for FINAL GRADES

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, also known as the Buckley Amendment, protects the privacy of student records. The Act provides for the right to inspect and review education records, the right to seek to amend those records, and to limit disclosure of information from the records. The Act applies to all institutions that are the recipients of federal funding. The regulations for FERPA can be found in 34CFR Part 99.

Find out more about FERPA.


Registrar’s Glossary

Census date: The date at which a course has reached 30 percent of course material.  This date is typically the third week of classes for 15 week classes. It is prorated for shorter or longer length classes. This date is printed on your State Audit and Census rosters and appears on your SIRS class list and Schedule information.

Registration: What a student must do to be an enrolled student in class. Registration is composed of two parts, scheduling for classes, then either paying for them or applying your financial aid to pay for them. Only students can apply their financial aid to pay for classes.

Late Registration Form:  What a student needs to complete and have signed to enter class after the class has started. Whether or not to let a student enter late is at the discretion of the instructor.

Drop/Add form:  Students who wish todrop or add a class without using SIRS may complete drop/add form in the Office of Records and Registration.  

M number – This is the ID number assigned by MVCC. 

PIN number – This number is used to enter SIRS

SIRS – Student Information and Registration System – Used by faculty and students to process registration, grades, attendance, financial aid, and other important functions

Dates to Remember – Published online and on paper by the Office of Records and Registration with important deadlines.

CRN – the five digit number used to identify your courses.  Needed for registration purposes

Term – Semester

Part of Term- Each semester is made up of Parts of Term.  Part of Term 1 = 15 week course, Part of term A = First 8 week courses, Part of Term B = Second 8 week courses.  In Summer there are also Parts of term F and G, which are the first and second  five week parts of term.  Part of term H = courses that are of lengths other than standard courses. They may be shorter or longer. They are all credit courses.  Part of term X are non-credit courses that do not fit the standard course length.


There is a wonderful website that lists the majority of our equivalencies from schools all around the country:


In most cases, credit evaluations are done within 14 days of the College receiving your official transcript. If further information is required to evaluate incoming credit, Transfer Services will contact you to request this information through your MVCC email.


Once a new student is accepted, the transcript is sent to Transfer Services within the Office of Records & Registration for evaluation. If you have questions, feel free to email


The Office of Records & Registration will notify you when transfer credit has been applied through your MVCC email. You may also view your transfer credit in SIRS with Degree Works ("Check Degree Progress")