Frequently Asked Questions about Dual Credit

High school students may register for Fall and Spring dual credit classes at their high school. Registration takes place during normal class time. Teachers will inform their students what day the Dual Credit staff will be out to register students for their dual credit class.

You must submit an Official Transcript Request to the Office of Records and Registration. This can be done online at Official Transcript Request or by phone at 315-792-5336.

You can verify your dual credit classes by going to MyMV through the MVCC website. If you are not sure of your login information, please contact the Office of Records and Registration at 315-792-5336

For all placement testing questions, please contact the Assessment and Testing Center at 315-731-5802 or email at
MVCC credit is highly transferable to most colleges and universities. To know if a school will accept your MVCC credit, you must request an official transcript from MVCC and have it sent to the college you are attending, at which point they will make the determination of whether or not they will accept the credit.
No. Once a student passes the placement exam, they are then able to take the corresponding level of classwork but cannot receive credit for classes taken before the placement test.