The purpose of the Sustainability Council is to coordinate and initiate environmentally responsible sustainability strategies such as reducing the College’s carbon footprint.
Vice President for Administrative Services
Membership (length of term for members, if applicable)
- Assistant Director of Facilities and Operations (Standing) Chair: Brett LaSalle
- Member from the Residence Halls (Standing): Mark Murphy
- Member from Sodexo (Standing): Deborah Hanson
- Member from the Business Office (Standing): Joyce Palmer
- Member from CCED appointed by the President (2109): Cory Albrecht
- Member from the Office of Marketing and Communications appointed by the President (2019): Katie Voce
- Staff At Large Elected (2021): Kelly Fleming
- Rome Campus Representative appointed by the Dean of the Rome Campus (2019): Dan Yoxall
- Associate Dean appointed by the Vice President for Learning and Academic Affairs (2021): Joe Woodrow
- Faculty At Large appointed by the Vice President for Learning and Academic Affairs (2021): Vacant
- At Large Representative Elected (2020): Lindsey Geary
- At Large Representative Elected (2020): Robert Mineo
- Oneida-Herkimer Solid Waste Authority, Outside Representation (Standing): Jamie Tuttle
- Student appointed by Student Student Government (2019): Vacant
|Work from the recommendations of the Sustainability Design Team to develop a multi-year action plan for sustainability efforts at the College||Develop action plan|
|Investigate best practices that might apply at MVCC||Investigate|
|Recommend and facilitate programs and workshops as necessary for student and employee enrichment offerings related to sustainability||Recommend offerings|
|Work with administrative offices to recommend sustainability priorities that require funding||Recommend priorities|
|Create and coordinate activities and events that advance sustainability efforts at the College||Create and coordinate|
- Make decisions
- Determine policy
- Discuss contractual issues
- Keep the College mission, with an emphasis on the student experience, front and center.
- Keep the College Senate informed of your activity and include them in your processes whenever possible.
- Consider all student and employee and affinity groups with regard to inclusivity.
Updated Nov. 21, 2018