The purpose of the Crisis Response Team is to develop and coordinate the implementation of the College’s Crisis Management Plan.
Membership (length of term for members, if applicable)
- Director of Public Safety, Chair (Standing): David Amico, Chair
- Vice President for Student Affairs (Standing): Stephanie Reynolds
- Vice President for Administrative Services (Standing): Tom Squires
- Vice President for Learning and Academic Affairs (Standing): Lew Kahler
- Associate Vice President/Dean of Rome Campus (Standing): Franca Armstrong
- Executive Director of Marketing and Communications (Standing): Alen Smajic
- Executive Director of Information Technology (Standing): Paul Katchmar
- Director of Facilities (Standing): Michael McHarris
- President (Standing): Randall VanWagoner
- Research best practices related to crisis management
- Regularly review the Crisis Management Plan and updates components as necessary
- Conduct tabletop exercises to practice various crisis management procedures
- Facilitate communication with local law enforcement agencies and other schools and colleges regarding emergency procedures
- Develop and implement a schedule to test emergency procedures
- Develop and implement appropriate professional development opportunities related to crisis management for faculty and staff
- Take situations lightly
- Work in isolation
- Keep the College mission, with an emphasis on the student experience, front and center.
- Help the College prepare for the unexpected.
- Imagine the unimaginable.
- Coordinate with other agencies and institutions as necessary.