The purpose of the Cultural Events Council is to enrich the college and the greater community through the planning, promoting, and facilitating of year-round events and entertainment series ("MVCC Cultural Series") that reflects and enhances diverse interests, strengthens learning opportunities, and increases the College's exposure within the Community at-large.
Executive Director of Organizational Culture and Wellness
Membership (length of term for members, if applicable)
- Director of Events and Guest Services, Chair (Standing): Bill Dustin
- Member of Events and Guest Services appointed by the President (Standing): Erica Carrock
- Member of Events and Guest Services appointed by the Associate Vice President of Workforce Development and Dean of Rome Campus (Standing): Bella Popowski
- Member Student Services and Residence Life appointed by Vice President for Student Affairs (Standing): De'Anna Hopkinson
- Member of Marketing and Communications appointed by the Executive Director of Marketing and Communications (Standing): Candice Parsons
- Chair of International Initiatives Committee (Standing): Carolyn West Pace
- Member of the Faculty appointed by the Vice President for Learning and Academic Affairs (2024): Kyle Lince
- Member of the Faculty appointed by the Vice President for Learning and Academic Affairs (2024): Melissa Barlett
- At Large appointed by Program Board Director: TBD
- Solicit programming ideas from students, faculty, and staff.
- Develop an annual budget plan.
- Develop the annual Cultural Series program, including a variety of diverse international events, entertainment, activities, and recommend offerings to the President’s Cabinet.
- Coordinate with the MVCC Foundation to solicit sponsorships for the Cultural Series.
- Coordinate with the Office of Marketing and Communications to market Cultural Events.
- Coordinate with Academic Affairs to plan events that integrate/support curricular goals.
- Make decisions
- Determine policy
- Discuss contractual issues
- Keep the College mission, with an emphasis on the student experience, front and center.
- Maintain a diverse array of offerings at both the Utica and Rome campuses.
- Consider all employee and affinity groups with regard to inclusivity.
- Increase the College's exposure by planning a minimum of one (1) high-profile event each semester, with the intent of drawing a large number of community attendees that may not visit the College otherwise, in order to assist in enrollment strategies.
Updated February 2022