The purpose of the Employee Recognition Council is to design, plan, and coordinate all formal employee recognition activities at the College.
Membership (length of term for members, if applicable)
- Member of the President's Office appointed by the President (Standing) Chair: Jill Heintz
- Member of the President's Office appointed by Chair (Standing) Recorder: Gloria Karol
- Member of Human Resources appointed by the President (Standing): Nancy Wallace
- Member of the Office of Marketing and Communications appointed by the President (Standing): Candice Parsons
- Member of Administrative Services appointed by Vice President for Administrative Services (2023): Stacey Kenyon
- Member of Student Affairs Representative appointed by Vice President for Student Affairs (2021): Nicole Benton
- Member of Learning and Academic Affairs Representative appointed by the Vice President of Learning and Academic Affairs (2022): Ross Wittenberg
- Member of Student Affairs Representative elected (2020): Yue Reisbeck (2022)
- Member of AMVA elected (2023): Janet Visalli
- Member of UPSEU Union elected (2021): Kathleen Kresa
- Member of PA Non-Teaching Professional elected (2022): Sandy Cummings
- Faculty At Large elected (2022): Michelle Kelly
- Faculty At Large elected (2022): Sam McManus
Subgroups formed on an as-needed basis.
- Develop criteria, procedures, and evaluation rubrics for all awards.
- Solicit peer nominations from employees and supervisors to create strong candidate pools for all awards.
- Coordinate the implementation of the Hawks That Soar annual awards program.
- Coordinate the implementation of the annual Chancellor’s award program.
- Coordinate the implementation of the local Excellence annual awards program.
- Research and make recommendations to the Cabinet regarding best practice employee recognition programs.
- Make recommendations to the Cabinet regarding recognition programs for retirees and current employees' years of service awards.
- Seek opportunities for individual and institutional recognition at the local, state, and national levels.
- Make decisions
- Determine policy
- Discuss contractual issues
- Keep the College mission, with an emphasis on the student experience, front and center.
- Consider all employee and affinity groups with regard to inclusivity.
- The stronger nomination processes are, the stronger the impact of the awards.
- Make the process as pleasant as possible for nominees.
Updated May 2020