Purpose: To provide a mechanism to research and identify issues that pertain to the future of education and to make an annual recommendation to impact the extent to which MVCC is positioned to thrive in changing times.
Charter Sponsor: Cabinet
Contact for Questions: President
Timeline: Standing, Established 2005, Suspended 2019-2022, Reactivated 2023
President: Randy VanWagoner (Standing)
Academic Affairs Administration appointed by the Vice President for Academic Affairs: Jim Lynch
Administrative Services Administration appointed by the Vice President for Administrative Services: Tom Squires
Student Affairs Administration appointed by the Vice President for Student Affairs: Mike Adamo
At-Large appointed by the President: TBD
Faculty At-Large elected: Ross Wittenberg
Faculty At-Large elected: Shannon Crocker
Staff At-Large elected: Patti Antanavige
Staff At-Large elected: Anne Nolan
- Continually scan the environment for patterns, signals, and trends that would positively impact student enrollment, retention, & success (Scan)
- Engage MVCC community in discussions on the future as needed (Engage)
- Amplify existing prototypes at the College worthy of scaling (Magnify)
- Annually identify one big issue to recommend to Cabinet for the college integrate into its planning efforts to proactively shift the trajectory of the college in five years to strengthen capacity for adapting to disruptions. (Recommend)
- Feel constrained by realities of today.
- Adopt a scarcity mindset.
- Assume the future will be a linear extrapolation of the present.
- Consider ways to connect with organizational networks the college participates in like Strategic Horizons, Jobs For the Future, the Community College Workforce Consortium and others.
- Be creative.
- Be productively paranoid.
- Maintain a mindset of abundance.
- Consider engaging others through study groups, task forces, and self-organized teams to research, explore, and prototype ideas and solutions.
Revised March 2023