The purpose of the Institutional Effectiveness Council is to maintain and coordinate the implementation of assessment processes at the College.
Membership (length of term for members, if applicable)
- Member of Institutional Research and Analysis appointed by the President (Standing) Chair: Marie Miknavich
- Associate Dean appointed by the Vice President for Learning and Academic Affairs (Standing) Co-Chair: Jake Mihevc
- Faculty At-Large member appointed by the Vice President for Learning and Academic Affairs (2024): Melissa Barlett
- Faculty At-Large member appointed by the Vice President for Learning and Academic Affairs (2024): AJ Lewis
- Member of the Office of Records and Registration appointed by the Vice President for Administrative Services (Standing): Rosemary Spetka
- Senate Chair Ex Officio (2022): Christine Miller
- At Large appointed by the President (2024): Jennifer DeWeerth
- Administrative Services At Large appointed by the Vice President for Administrative Services (2024): Vincent Pellizzi
- Student Affairs At Large appointed by the Vice President for Student Affairs (2024): Justin Rahn
- Faculty- School of STEM Transfer Physical Science, Physics appointed by School (2024): Amit Sharma
- Faculty- School of Humanities appointed by School (2022): Rosemary Mink
- Faculty- Athletics Head Coach/Athletics Specialist appointed by School (2024): Dominic DiMaggio
- Faculty- School of STEM Career Engineering & Applied Technologies appointed by School (2022): Brian Judycki
- Faculty- School of Business and Hospitality appointed by School (2023): Robert Huyck
- Faculty- School of Public and Human Services Education (2024): Lorin Williams
- Vice President for Learning and Academic Affairs (invited as appropriate)
|Select and evaluate appropriate activities necessary for assessing the outcomes identified in the Institutional Effectiveness process||Select and evaluate|
|Provide assistance for assessment in each Unit through the selection of assessment tools and the development and implementation of their assessment plans||Provide assistance|
|Review the results of assessment findings to ensure fitness of method and usability/applicability of the results||Review results|
|Initiate follow-up inquiries to ensure that Units have linked assessment findings with their annual plans||Follow-up|
|Serve as a source for verification that the results of assessment findings have been used for improvement||Verify use of results|
|Facilitate the communication and dissemination of assessment findings to the appropriate areas of the College||Facilitate communication|
- Make final determinations
- Discuss contractual issues
- Keep the College mission, with an emphasis on the student experience, front and center.
- Keep the College Senate and President's Cabinet informed of your activity and include them in your processes whenever possible.
- Stay closely connected to the strategic planning process.
- Provide a focus on building of assessment that uses data for more informed decision-making.
Updated September 2021