The purpose of the Institutional Effectiveness Council is to maintain and coordinate the implementation of assessment processes at the College.
Membership (length of term for members, if applicable)
- Member of Institutional Research and Analysis appointed by the President (Standing) Chair: Marie Miknavich
- Associate Dean appointed by the Vice President for Learning and Academic Affairs (2021) Co-Chair: Jake Mihevc
- Co-Assessment Liaison member appointed by the Vice President for Learning and Academic Affairs (Standing): Melissa Barlett
- Co-Assessment Liaison member appointed by the Vice President for Learning and Academic Affairs (Standing): Gary Kulis
- Member of the Office of Records and Registration appointed by the Vice President for Administrative Services (Standing): Rosemary Spetka
- Senate Chair Ex Officio (2019): Alex Haines-Stephan
- At Large appointed by the President (2021): Jim Maio
- Rome Campus At Large member appointed by Dean for Rome Campus (2019): Robert Huyck
- Administrative Services At Large appointed by the Vice President for Administrative Services (2021): Mary Jane Parry
- Student Affairs At Large appointed by the Vice President for Student Affairs (2021): Patti Antanavige
- PSAT Faculty appointed by Department (2021): Amit Sharma
- HUEN Faculty appointed by Department (2019): Rosemary Mink
- Hospitality Faculty appointed by Department (2020): Andrew Glidden
- APER Faculty appointed by Department (2021): Dominic DiMaggio
- EDLS Faculty appointed by Department (2021): Frank Noti
- Vice President for Learning and Academic Affairs (invited as appropriate)
|Select and evaluate appropriate activities necessary for assessing the outcomes identified in the Institutional Effectiveness process||Select and evaluate|
|Provide assistance for assessment in each Unit through the selection of assessment tools and the development and implementation of their assessment plans||Provide assistance|
|Review the results of assessment findings to ensure fitness of method and usability/applicability of the results||Review results|
|Initiate follow-up inquiries to ensure that Units have linked assessment findings with their annual plans||Follow-up|
|Serve as a source for verification that the results of assessment findings have been used for improvement||Verify use of results|
|Facilitate the communication and dissemination of assessment findings to the appropriate areas of the College||Facilitate communication|
- Make final determinations
- Discuss contractual issues
- Keep the College mission, with an emphasis on the student experience, front and center.
- Keep the College Senate and President's Cabinet informed of your activity and include them in your processes whenever possible.
- Stay closely connected to the strategic planning process.
- Provide a focus on building of assessment that uses data for more informed decision-making.
Approved by the IEC, 2017