In order to graduate, students must meet the following criteria:
- A final high school transcript showing graduation information or GED Certificate must be on file.
- Students must pass all courses required for the program or certificate in which they have matriculated, and must achieve at least a 2.0 program GPA. Courses should be completed as specified in the Catalog including general education requirements.
- Residency Requirement: A minimum of 25 percent of the required program credits for graduation must be successfully completed at MVCC.
- Students expecting to have transfer credit to count toward graduation should have all official transcripts on file. All transfer courses must be posted on your official transcript prior to graduation.
- Financial obligations to the College must be fulfilled.
- Students are responsible for satisfying all requirements leading to a degree or certificate for the curriculum in which they are enrolled.
- Matriculation is terminated by graduation. Students intending to pursue another degree or certificate need to matriculate in the new degree or certificate.
- Students need to complete CF100, see individual Academic Program requirements.
- A student must have completed at least 70 percent of the total credits in their degree program or 50 percent of their certificate program before applying for graduation. The Dean must approve any exceptions.
- Commencement ceremonies are held at the end of the Spring and Fall semesters. Students planning to graduate in the Spring, Summer, or Fall semester should submit a Graduation Review Request to the Registrar by the published deadlines. Graduation Review Requests are available at the Office of Records and Registration, or online in your MyMV account and at mvcc.edu/records-registration/pdf/graduation-review-request.pdf. Attending the commencement ceremony does NOT guarantee that you will graduate. Check with your Dean to be sure you have completed the degree requirements. If you do not satisfy degree requirements, you must complete a new Graduation Review Request during the semester in which completion is anticipated.