If you began your studies at MVCC and transferred to another college before completing a degree here, you may now be eligible for your associate degree. Reverse transfer allows you to transfer the credits you earned at another school back to MVCC. With the combination of credits you have earned at both institutions, you may now qualify to earn your MVCC associate degree.

SUNY Credits

Did you transfer to a SUNY four-year institution after MVCC? If so, please visit the SUNY Reverse Transfer Webpage and complete the "Submit a Reverse Transfer Request" using your current SUNY school’s login. By completing the form, SUNY’s online submission system will share your transcripts between institutions. This will notify MVCC to review your credits and determine if you are eligible to earn your associates degree or certificate. There is no cost to you.

Non-SUNY Four-Year School Credits

If you earned credits at a non-SUNY four-year institution after taking classes at MVCC, our Office of Records & Registration (OR&R) will evaluate your accumulated credits to determine if you meet the requirements to receive your associate degree through reverse transfer. Please have an official transcript sent to Mohawk Valley Community College and contact the OR&R at 315-792-5336 or email registrar@mvcc.edu to request a formal review of your credits. OR&R will advise you on how your transfer coursework may apply to your degree and if you need to fill out a Re-matriculation and/or Graduation Review Request form(s). There is no fee from MVCC for this review, but please note some schools do require a fee to provide official transcripts be sent to MVCC. Students may submit an unofficial transcript for initial review (often at no cost), but please note, if eligible, official transcripts will be required to confer the degree.

If you have any questions about Reverse Transfer, please call registrar@mvcc.edu or call the Office of Records and Registration at 315-792-5336.