Accepted students at MVCC campus in Utica

Next Steps for Students Already Accepted to MVCC

Congratulations on your acceptance to Mohawk Valley Community College! We are excited to have you join the Hawks and be a part of our dynamic learning environment and supportive campus community.

We know the enrollment process can seem overwhelming, so we've come up with a to-do list so that you know what to expect and can prepare for your next steps. Remember that we are here to help, so if you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us!

New Student To-Do List

The Admissions Reservation Form included in your acceptance packet serves as a free admissions deposit and allows us to prepare your records, including your student email account. You can also submit the form online at

You can apply for financial aid starting in October. Tax information is vital to the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP). 

Apply today at and

Click here to explore different ways to pay for college.  

All students must comply with this requirement, as it is a New York State Law. You will need to show documented proof of receiving immunizations for Measles, Mumps and Rubella, and you are required to complete the Meningitis Response portion of the Health Form. You can find this information at your primary care physician or high school.

Download the MVCC Health Form here.

Placement Testing:

You will be notified in a timely manner if you need to take a placement test. The test is just a way to help us make sure you are placed in the appropriate-level Math and English courses so you can get a strong start in your studies.

If you need special accommodations due to a disability, please contact our Accessibility Resources Office at 315-792-5644.

  • Students who do not live locally: A remote testing option is available that allows you to take the test closer to home. Learn more at
  • Residence Hall students: You will complete placement testing and your GPS (Goals + Plan = Success) appointment when you come to campus for Student Testing, Advisement and Registration (STAR) Day. The Residence Life Office will send you information about registration for STAR.

Schedule Your Test: Visit to choose your testing location and reserve a seat.

Online Orientation:

Online Orientation will be open to students who are EXEMPT from placement testing and those who have completed placement testing and are ready to meet with their Student Support Advisor. 

If you are exempt from testing and ready for Online Orientation, you will receive an email with log-in instructions from This email will be sent to the personal email address you provided on your application. If you provided a cell phone number, you also may receive a text message. Once you complete the nine orientation modules, you will receive instructions on how to schedule an appointment with your Student Support Advisor. 

If you need to take a placement test, you will be notified about Online Orientation the Monday after your test. For more information, call 315-731-5710 or email

Follow the instructions you received on how to schedule an appointment with your Student Support Advisor (SSA), who will help you create your class schedule for the upcoming semester.

Your SSA will be your personal guide and advisor through your next enrollment steps, and is assigned to you based on which academic school houses your major. 

You may contact the Office of Holistic Student Support by calling 315-731-5710 or emailing

If you are a New York State resident from outside Oneida County, you will have to provide the MVCC Business Office with a Certificate of Residence from your home county. This form can be obtained anywhere from 60 days prior to the start of the semester and is due 30 days after the start of the semester. This is important to avoid a charge of an additional 50% of the amount of tuition. You can download your county’s form at
Make sure all of your information has been processed. You can do this by logging into MyMV and clicking on the Financial Aid Tab, where you will be able to view your eligibility and any pending awards.

All bills are accessible through MyMV and your MVCC email account. “Confirming charges” means you are paying with financial aid, which must be done through MyMV prior to the payment due date. If you have partial or no financial aid, you can pay the remaining balance by enrolling in a payment plan or paying in full prior to the due date.

Failure to confirm charges or pay your bill will result in losing your scheduled classes, so make sure to take care of this step!

Once you are registered for classes and have confirmed your charges, you can get your Student ID and parking permit.

Student ID

Your Student ID is required for the use of some College facilities, admission to events, photo identification, financial purposes, and other activities. In the Bookstore, your ID allows access your available financial aid and allows the Bookstore to waive the sales tax on textbooks. It is a photo ID, so be ready to have your picture taken!

Please note: there is a replacement fee for lost or damaged cards. 

College IDs can be obtained Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. on both campuses.

  • Utica: Public Safety Office, Academic Building room 106.
  • Rome: Student Services Office, Plumley Complex room 130.

Parking permit

The Department of Public Safety issues parking permits and College registration decals to currently enrolled students. The decal should be affixed inside the rear driver side window, or closest to there as possible. To obtain a vehicle registration decal you will need to bring a completed Vehicle Registration Form, your MVCC Student ID, a valid driver’s license, the registration of the vehicle you wish to register with the College.

  • Utica Campus: Submit in person all of the above documents to the Department of Public Safety in the Academic Building, room 106.
  • Rome Campus: Submit in person all the necessary documents to Student Services in Plumley Complex room 130.
The College Store will have the books and supplies you need. You can look up your textbook information and order or rent textbooks at