Next Steps for Students Already Accepted to MVCC
Congratulations on your acceptance to Mohawk Valley Community College! We are excited to have you join the Hawks and be a part of our dynamic learning environment and supportive campus community.
We know the enrollment process can seem overwhelming, so we've come up with a to-do list so that you know what to expect and can prepare for your next steps. Remember that we are here to help, so if you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us!
New Student To-Do List:
The Admissions Reservation Form included in your acceptance packet serves as a free admissions deposit and allows us to prepare your records, including your student email account and Student Information and Registration System account and PIN. You can also submit the form online at mvcc.edu/arf.
You can apply for financial aid starting in October. Tax information is vital to the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP).
Need help? Contact our Financial Aid Office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All students must comply with this requirement, as it is a New York State Law. You will need to show documented proof of receiving immunizations for Measles, Mumps and Rubella, and you are required to complete the Meningitis Response portion of the Health Form. You can find this information at your primary care physician or high school.
You will be notified in a timely manner if you need to take a placement test. The test is just a way to help us make sure you are placed in the appropriate-level Math and English courses so you can get a strong start in your studies.
If you need special accommodations due to a disability, please contact our Accessibility Resources Office at 315-792-5644.
- Students who do not live locally: A remote testing option is available that allows you to take the test closer to home. Learn more at mvcc.edu/placement.
- Residence Hall students: You will complete placement testing and your GPS (Goals + Plan = Success) appointment when you come to campus for Student Testing, Advisement and Registration (STAR) Day. The Residence Life Office will send you information about registration for STAR.
Schedule Your Test: Visit mvcc.edu/placement-testing/schedule to choose your testing location and reserve a seat.
Your Student Support Advisor (SSA) will contact you to set up an appointment where you will create your class schedule for the upcoming semester. Your SSA will be your personal guide and advisor through your next enrollment steps, and is assigned to you based on which academic school houses your major.
Once you are registered for classes and have confirmed your charges, you can get your Student ID and parking permit.
Your Student ID is required for the use of some College facilities, admission to events, photo identification, financial purposes, and other activities. In the Bookstore, your ID allows access your available financial aid and allows the Bookstore to waive the sales tax on textbooks. It is a photo ID, so be ready to have your picture taken!
Please note: there is a replacement fee for lost or damaged cards.
- Utica Campus: Get your ID card at the Department of Public Safety, located in room 106 of the Academic Building.
- Rome Campus: ID cards can be obtained in the Student Services Office in room 130 of the Plumley Complex)
The Department of Public Safety issues parking permits and College registration decals to currently enrolled students. The decal should be affixed inside the rear driver side window, or closest to there as possible. To obtain a vehicle registration decal you will need to bring a completed Vehicle Registration Form, your MVCC Student ID, a valid driver’s license, the registration of the vehicle you wish to register with the College.
- Utica Campus: Submit in person all of the above documents to the Department of Public Safety in the Academic Building, room 106.
- Rome Campus: Submit in person all the necessary documents to Student Services in Plumley Complex room 130.