Testing information for Fall 2020
All scheduled testing appointments have been filled. We are currently offering Virtual Walk-In Testing from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. August 26-28, and again on August 31. Please call the Testing Center at 315-731-5802 to get set up.
You will need the following for a Virtual Walk-In Test:
- A computer/laptop with a webcam
- Internet connection
- Google Chrome or Firefox web browser
- Zoom (free account)
Zoom Download and Systems Check Information:
- Go to the Zoom website, download and install Zoom: https://www.zoom.us/download#client_4meeting
- To check that Zoom was set up correctly, click here. Please use the option to join with video.
- Please make sure to disable the pop-up blocker for Google Chrome or Firefox browser (Internet Explorer and Safari will not work).
No computer or webcam? MVCC has Zoom stations on campus for your use, please contact Testing Office staff.
About the Testing Center
MVCC’s Assessment and Testing Center is open 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
MVCC uses two evaluative tools to help assess college readiness: a hand-written sample for determining compositional skills and a computer-web-adaptive-testing system from College Board called ACCUPLACER® that determines math and reading skill level.
The results are made available during an advisement session with your academic advisor through the Academic Advising Center. Test results are used as a guide to help advisors determine the appropriate level of courses you are required to take. Unfortunately, MVCC is unable to transfer placement test results to other colleges. If you have questions concerning English as a Second Language (ESL) placement testing, please contact us at 315-731-5802.
Students may be exempt from some or all portions of the placement test based on the College's exemption policy, which is available here. If you have questions regarding the exemption policy, please email the Testing Center.