If proper nutrition is your passion, MVCC can help you get your career as a nutritionist or dietitian started. This program was designed so you can easily go on to complete your bachelor’s degree through the SUNY Dietetics Transfer Pathway in just two additional years.
For successful completion of this program, it is strongly recommended students complete two years of high school mathematics, or the equivalent, and one year of chemistry, lab included.
Upon completion of the two-year program, students should be competent in all of the following areas:
- Understanding of how nutrition/dietetics interfaces with other sciences by organizing scientific information, evaluating alternatives, and reaching logical conclusions regarding nutritional analysis
- Ability to weigh and measure ingredients with accuracy
- Effective communication, both orally and in the written form
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Information literacy
- Buffalo State
- SUNY Oneonta
- SUNY Plattsburgh
- Utica University
- Registered dietitian
- Registered dietitian nutritionist
- Nutritional research
Faculty in this program work closely with the Career Development Center to establish career shadowing with local dietitians.