Have a passion for photography? Make it your profession! Our Photography Associate in Applied Science degree program will prepare you for a career in many areas of photography, including freelance, photojournalism, and sales. Get hands-on training in both traditional film and digital photography, expanding your abilities in photographic technologies and techniques. Gain an understanding of the use of studio equipment for product photography, portraiture, and fashion. Explore your individual artistic sensibilities while you build and refine your professional portfolio and you develop other key skills for photographers entering the field.
Note: While no previous formal training in photography is required, students in this program should own their own 35mm camera.
Upon completion of the two-year program, students should be competent in all of the following areas:
- Black and white film processing and printing
- Color printing and processing
- Digital photographic technologies, including image capture and output
- Digital software applications
- Fundamental lighting techniques
- Large format camera techniques
- Ready for transfer to a four-year institution
Graduates have successfully transferred to:
- SUNY Albany
- SUNY Oswego
- SUNY Polytechnic Institute
- Wedding photographer
- Product photographer