Transferring to MVCC from another college

Thinking of transferring to MVCC from another college or university? Transferring into a college requires more than just applying, and we want to make sure your transferable credits are applied appropriately.

If you are transferring to MVCC from another college or university, follow these steps to apply and enroll:

Apply to MVCC for free using our online application at

In addition to the admissions application, we will need an official, sealed copy of your high school transcripts or GED scores, as well as an official academic transcript from each college where credit is being requested. Your high school and college transcripts should be sent to:

Mohawk Valley Community College
Admissions Office
1101 Sherman Drive
Utica, NY 13501

Courses are evaluated by the Office of Records and Registration in coordination with Academic Deans. Transfer credit is entered into DegreeWorks, which allows students to view their degree progress.

Once your transfer courses are applied to the degree you have been admitted into, you will receive an email notification via your MVCC student email to check DegreeWorks.

To access DegreeWorks, log into your MyMV account and find the "Check Degree Progress (DegreeWorks)" tab.

The first step to receiving financial aid begins with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which needs to be completed by all grant, loan, and work-study applicants to determine eligibility for need-based financial aid programs.

Click here for more information on how to apply for financial aid.

Need help or have questions? Your Student Support Advisor (SSA) is here to help! Click here to find out how to contact your SSA. 

Reverse transfer for previous MVCC students

If you began your studies at MVCC and transferred to another college before completing your MVCC degree, you may be eligible to receive your associate degree. Reverse transfer allows you to transfer the credits you earned at another college or university back to MVCC. Click here to learn more about Reverse Transfer.