In compliance with Section 103 of the Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018, Mohawk Valley Community College will not impose the following penalties to covered individuals* due to the delayed disbursement of funding from the Department of Veteran Affairs:
- preventing nor delaying the student’s enrollment,
- the assessment of late fees,
- the denial of access to any resources available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fees bills to the institution, including but not limited to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities,
- or require the student to secure alternative or additional funding
To qualify for this provision, such students are required to:
- Produce a Certificate of Eligibility**;
- Provide written request to be certified;
- Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as required by the Primary School Certifying Official.
This provision ends on the earlier of the following dates:
- The date on which payment from the VA is made to the institution
- 90 days after the date the institution certified tuition and fees following the receipt of the Certificate of Eligibility
*Covered individual is defined as any individual who is entitled to educational assistance under Chapter 31, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment, or Chapter 33, Post 9/11 G.I. Bill®
**Certificate of Eligibility is defined as a Certificate of Eligibility, a Statement of Benefits, or a Tungsten Network Purchase Order.