Summer Session at MVCC
Whether you are a current MVCC student or attend another college, summer session classes are a great way to ...
- Get ahead on your studies and finish your degree sooner than planned
- Catch up by taking a class you couldn’t fit in during the semester
- Focus your attention on a class you found difficult
- Fulfill a general education requirement
MVCC’s Summer Session courses are condensed into six- and eight-week sessions, along with traditional 14-week courses. The first sessions typically begin at the end of May, and the second sessions usually begin in early July. Course content is the same as if it were offered over a full semester, but assignments and tests happen at a faster pace.
Choose your courses
Click here to see a list of available courses (make sure you have selected "summer" from the Term Menu). Classes fill early, so reserve your spot as soon as you can! Here’s how:
- Choose your class(es). Consult with your Student Support Advisor to make sure the course is part of your pathway and to ensure you have no holds on your account that would prevent you from registering. Choose your course(s) from the list at www2.mvcc.edu/courses and note the course reference number (CRN).
- Register for class(es). Log into your SIRS account to build your schedule.
- Create an account: Visit mvcc.edu/apply and complete the Non-Matriculated Enrollment Form. Your MVCC M-Number and PIN will be emailed to you within 24 hours after the application is processed.
- Choose your class(es): You can find the list of available classes at www2.mvcc.edu/courses. Note the course reference number (CRN) on the course(es) you want.
- Register for class(es): Log in to your SIRS account to build your schedule.
Financial aid may be available
A portion of your annual financial aid may be used to help pay for your summer classes. You will need to complete the 2021-2022 FAFSA, as well as the Summer Loan Request Form and the Summer Pell Grant Request Form.