Pillar 4: Ensure students are learning on their path
The fourth pillar of the Guided Pathways model is Ensure Student Learning, or ensure that students are learning on their chosen pathway with intentional outcomes utilizing the following practices:
- Identify program-specific learning outcomes
- Use applied learning experiences to enrich and assess student learning
- Focus on project-based, collaborative learning and make student engagement inescapable
- Develop systems and procedures for the College and students to track mastery of learning outcomes that lead to credentials, transfer, and/or employment
- Encourage faculty-led improvement of teaching practices
What we've done so far:
- The Design, Analysis, and Assessment of Learning Workgroup was formed to research best practices for the design and development of academic programs
and how to include an equity lens during development, and to identify possible mechanisms
to institutionalize consistent program design/development, analysis, and
assessment. You can see a draft of their recommendations here.
- The Universal Teaching and Learning Workgroup was created to research best
practices for Universal Learning Design with an emphasis on equity to recommend ways to ensure a consistent student learning experience and provide faculty resources to support learning. You can see a draft of their recommendations here.
- Implementation teams will work to make changes to MVCC's processes.