Pillar 3: Help students stay on their path
The third pillar of the Guided Pathways model is Stay on the Path, which calls on the College to help our students stay on track to complete their education by providing support services, such as:
- Ongoing, intrusive advising
- Systems for students to easily track their own progress
- Systems and procedures to identify students at risk, and how to provide needed supports
- Structure to redirect students who are not progressing in a program to a more viable path
What we've done so far:
- The Integrated Advising Workgroup explore ways to improve the College’s academic advisement system and delivered these recommendations.
- The College will use Starfish software to create an online student success network of faculty, advisors, tutors, mentors, and others, with the aim of improving student retention and completion. The team has created these Starfish resources:
- Implementation teams are working to implement the recommendations throughout the College.