If you locate a fire in the Residence Halls, PULL A FIRE ALARM box, exit the building and notify Public Safety.
If you are not in a suite/quad room (bedroom, student bathroom, Bellamy Hall Suite Gathering Room) when the alarm goes off, proceed to the nearest fire/smoke free exit.
If you are in a suite/quad room (bedroom, student bathroom, Bellamy Hall Suite Gathering Room) when the alarm goes off, please adhere to the following rules:
- Wake any sleeping occupants in that room: Put on shoes, take towel and room key.
- Feel room door. If cool, open slowly and exit.
- Feel suite/quad door. If cool, open slowly and exit.
- Proceed quickly to the nearest fire/smoke free exit.
- If a bedroom, quad or suite door feels hot, or if adverse conditions exists remain in a student room, shut and stuff the door (towels, clothes, blankets, etc.).
- Open and stand by the window to summon for assistance.
Fire exits are located as follows:
- South Halls and North Halls: Off of the 1st floor stairwells labeled Fire Exit. Second and third floor residents should evacuate via these fire exits unless adverse conditions exist. First floor residents should exit through the front doors, unless adverse conditions exist.
- Bellamy Hall: At either end of the building. The center stairwell should only be used when adverse conditions exist in the fire exit stairwells. NEVER USE THE ELEVATOR.
Students not cooperating with official personnel will be subject to disciplinary action.