Optional Practical Training (OPT)

Optional Practical Training (OPT) is off-campus employment authorization that lets F-1 students get work experience in their major field of study. The amount of work you are permitted is a maximum of 12 months of full-time employment for each higher educational level you pursue in the U.S. You can use it during or after your studies. You can work for any employer, anywhere in the country.

 Find out what you need to know about F-1 Optional Practical Training Employment Authorization

Curricular Practical Training (CPT)

Curricular Practical Training (CPT) is a type of off-campus employment authorization that enables international students in F-1 visa status to take part in an internship, co-op, field placement, practicum, or work/service experience that is integral to their curriculum. 

Find out what you need to know about F-1 Curricular Practical Training

On-Campus Employment

F-1 Students are allowed to work on campus as long as it is fewer than 20 hours per week. 

Click here to find open job opportunities on campus.