Through the MVCC Honors Program, students will:
1. Demonstrate a commitment to learning by developing skills of critical thought and inquiry.
- Demonstrate rhetorical awareness.
- Critically assess their own work and the work of others.
- Demonstrate self-directed and self-reflective learning.
2. Use an interdisciplinary approach to answer questions and solve problems.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the ways various disciplines pursue knowledge.
- Apply and integrate knowledge across disciplines.
- Effectively communicate both oral and written discourse.
3. Demonstrate skills of effective research design and practice.
- Pose and refine research questions.
- Effectively navigate and organize library-oriented information technology.
- Evaluate and synthesize scholarly work.
4. Engage in the community.
- Effectively collaborate with others in a diverse society.
- Build an honors community by engaging with peers through group discussion, field experience, applied learning, and/or service activities.
- Work with college faculty to develop, implement, and present research projects.
5. Practice habits of ethical academic and professional standards.
- Apply principles of professional standards of behavior and respect for intellectual property.