Interested students may apply to the Honors Program before the start of each Fall or Spring semester. In order to apply, a student must meet one of the following criteria:
- For students with fewer than 12 college credits:
- A GPA of 3.5 (90) or higher from an accredited high school
- An SAT score of 1240 or higher (or comparable ACT score)
- Top 10 percent standing in graduating class at an accredited high school
- For students with 12 or more college credits, a cumulative college GPA of 3.5 or higher is required.
Honors students must maintain a 3.25 GPA at MVCC to graduate with the Honors distinction.