What you need to complete the FAFSA
You will need the following items to complete your FAFSA:
- Your Social Security Number (this can be found on your Social Security card).
- Your driver's license (if applicable).
- W-2 forms from 2017 and other records of any money earned.
- Your (and/or your parents') 2017 Federal Income Tax Return IRS Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, foreign tax return, or tax return from Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, and Federated State of Micronesia.
- Any untaxed income records for 2017 (e.g., payments to tax-deferred pension and savings plans, tax-exempt interest and child support received in 2017).
- Records of taxable earnings from Federal Work-Study or other need-based work programs in 2017.
- Records of any grants, scholarships, and fellowship aid that was included in your or your parents' 2017 adjusted gross income on the 2017 Federal Income Tax Return.
- Current bank statements.
- Current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bonds, and other investment records.
- Documentation that you are a U.S. permanent resident or eligible noncitizen, if applicable.