Financial Aid Office
Financial aid is funding to help students pay for college expenses, such as tuition, fees, room and board, and textbooks and supplies. Applying for financial aid can be complicated, but the MVCC Financial Aid Office is here to help you navigate the application process, understand the types of aid available, and improve your financial literacy.
FINANCIAL AID WORKSHOPS AVAILABLE
The Financial Aid Office periodically offers workshops to assist students and families with the financial aid application process. Learn more about Financial Aid Workshops.
Applying for financial aid
The first step to receiving financial aid begins with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). All grant, loan, and work-study applicants need to complete this application to determine eligibility for need-based financial aid programs. Check out our step-by-step instructions on how to apply for financial aid.
The current FAFSA is the 2023-2024 application, which will be used for the Summer 2023, Fall 2023, or Spring 2024 semesters. You will need your 2021 IRS federal income tax information to complete the 2023-2024 FAFSA.
To be eligible for financial aid, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a U.S. citizen, or eligible non-citizen (green card holder)
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalency (GED/TASC)
- You must be enrolled in a degree program (matriculated)
- You cannot be in default of student loans
- You must be making good academic progress according to the federal guidelines found on our Standards of Academic Progress page
- You must complete any additional documentation that the Financial Aid Office might request
MVCC school codes
- FAFSA school code: 002871
- NYS TAP school code: 2105
Office: Student Services Center in Payne Hall
Mail: Office of Financial Aid
Mohawk Valley Community College
1101 Sherman Drive
Utica, NY 13501
MVCC's Financial Aid Office is open Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.