Magnet Bridge Scholarship program
This program is open to T.R. Proctor High School students through an application process during the spring of their junior year of high school.
- Full tuition and fees covered by a scholarship through the Utica City School District.
- Ability to earn from 24 to 30 transferable college credits.
- Opportunity to transition into college and become accustomed to the environment, level of responsibility, academic rigor, and academic terminology.
- Opportunity to participate in extracurricular college activities.
- Builds resume and enhances college application.
- February: Attend Informational Night and obtain an application from your T.R. Proctor High School Counselor.
- March: Take the MVCC Placement Test.
- April: Complete your application and return it to your School Counselor at T.R. Proctor High School.
- May: The Magnet Bridge Scholarship Committee meets and selects scholarship winners. Letters are sent to all applicants regarding their application status.
- June: Meet with staff at MVCC to create your Fall class schedule.
If selected to participate, students are responsible for:
- Attending a mandatory orientation session in August, prior to beginning of classes.
- Attending meetings with the Magnet Bridge advisor.
- Accepting full responsibility for course requirements/grades.
- Being fully dedicated to college scholarship.
- Supplying their own textbooks.