Ready to Apply?Start the application process now!
MVCC's Liberal Arts & Sciences: Humanities and Social Sciences Associate in Arts degree program helps students develop the skills of learning, thinking, and communicating for the purpose of deepening their knowledge of the humanities and broadening their knowledge of the other disciplines. In keeping with these aims, the students use writing as a means for thinking about and understanding subject matter. The program may serve as an initial preparation for entry into the professions, such as education and law. The complete program is available on the Utica and Rome campuses.
Upon completion of the two-year program, students should be competent in the following areas:
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and collaborative learning
- Identifying, analyzing, and evaluating arguments as they occur in their own or other’s work
- Promoting support for an interest in diverse lifestyles and global cultures
- An understanding and proficiency in the intellectual skills in the use of language and visual communication
- Promoting diversity awareness and a global view that incorporates broad acceptance of contrasting assumptions
- High School Math Course 1 and 2 or their equivalent
- One year of a laboratory science