Do you want to learn English? Our English as a Second Language Certificate program will help you learn to communicate in English so you can continue in another college program, supplement a degree from another country, or function in an English-speaking workplace. Your English skills will be evaluated for appropriate placement in the program, and you will move through courses level-by-level until you have successfully completed required Level 4 Advanced ESL courses. If you seek additional study, you can matriculate into a degree or additional certificate program. In this way, you may complete the ESL Certificate while beginning coursework in your major.
See semester-by-semester certificate plan.
Upon completion of the one-year program, students should be competent in the following areas:
- Communicating in educational and/or career settings
- Reading and comprehension of appropriate reading material
- Understanding spoken English in everyday situations
- Demonstrating information literacy
- Use of traditional and contemporary information technology
Contact us to learn more
Jess Wilkie, Dean