Press here to join the College for a virtual
Veterans Day Ceremony on Nov. 11 at 11 a.m.
Founded in 1946 as the New York State Institute of Applied Arts and Sciences at Utica, MVCC was one of five post-secondary institutions established on an experimental basis after World War II.
The Veterans Education Services office assists active military, veterans, and their dependents from all branches of the Armed Forces in applying for Veterans Affairs (VA) educational benefits and navigates them through the college enrollment process. The office also:
- Mentors incoming veterans to help with course planning and setting educational goals to ensure academic success.
- Provides scholarship information and available community resources.
- Provides assistance in applying for federal and state financial aid.
- Assists veterans in applying for the Veterans Administration Work Study Program.
- Assists veterans with submitting military transcripts for transfer credit evaluation,
walk-ins welcomed schedule permitting