Remote Testing for Spring 2021
In an effort to keep our students and employees safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the MVCC Assessment and Testing Center is offering testing remotely via Zoom. Remote testing is currently available for the Spring 2021 semester, which begins in January.
To sign up for a test, please call the Testing Center at 315-731-5802.
What you will need for remote testing:
- A computer/laptop with a webcam
- Internet connection
- Google Chrome or Firefox web browser
- Zoom (free account)
Zoom download and systems check information:
- Go to the Zoom website, download and install Zoom: https://www.zoom.us/download#client_4meeting
- To check that Zoom was set up correctly, click here. Please use the option to join with video.
- Please make sure to disable the pop-up blocker for Google Chrome or Firefox browser (Internet Explorer and Safari will not work).
No computer or webcam?
MVCC has Zoom stations on campus for your use, please contact Testing Office staff by calling 315-731-5802.
- Extended time, screen reader, and separate location (via breakout rooms) are available for students.
- Additional accommodations will need to be discussed with the Testing Office to determine feasibility with remote testing.
At this time, international students will be referred to Examity (back up as running) as we have always done as recommended by Accuplacer due to support and connectivity issues. Through June 1, this will cost $20 for a proctored exam.