How to Apply for a Position at MVCC
Go to mvcc.edu/jobs or click on the "Jobs" link at the bottom right side of MVCC’s homepage to enter the applicant portal.
You may search for open positions, create a username and password, and apply for positions.
Future correspondence from the College regarding the status of your application will be emailed to you at the email address you provide when you set up your electronic application.
You may also return to this link using your username and password to check on the status of your application.
Examples of Position Types
- Tenure track faculty
- Administrators (vice president, associate dean, director)
- Professional support staff (coordinators, specialists, advisors)
- Civil service (public safety, administrative support, facilities and operations)
- Adjunct faculty
- Professional support staff
- Civil service
Benefits for All Full- and Part-time Employees
- New York State Retirement Systems (ERS & TRS) or Optional Retirement Systems (ORP)
- 403(b) and 457(b) Tax Deferred Accounts (TDA)
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Professional development, recognition, wellness and educational opportunities
- Free parking
- Direct deposit
- Fitness Center options
- Use of the College's libraries
- Cultural Series event attendance options
- SUNY Perks discount program
- Discounts with major cellphone carriers
- Comprehensive employee enrichment program
- Employee recognition opportunities
Additional Benefits for Full-time Employees (may vary)
- Health, dental, prescription, and vision plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Tuition waiver for employees and dependents
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Voluntary life insurance
- Voluntary short-term disability
- Paid time off – holiday, vacation, sick, and personal
MVCC does not discriminate. MVCC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MVCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, marital status, military status, criminal conviction, or retaliation for opposing unlawful discrimination practices. MVCC is committed in policy, principle, and practice to maintain an environment which is free of intolerance, illegal, or discriminatory behavior toward any person. This commitment is consistent with federal and state laws and College policy.