Welcome to the Office of Career Services
The Office of Career Services has dedicated professionals to assist MVCC students and alumni with forming career and educational goals, and making decisions about their futures. We realize that career planning can be complex, and decisions are difficult, therefore we strive to help you find your way through the processes.
Staff are available for appointments on the Utica campus 8:30am-4:30pm Monday-Friday. Staff are available for appointments on the Rome campus every other Tuesday 9-11am.
Services we offer include:
- Major and career exploration and counseling
- Resume and cover letter assistance
- Job search, networking and interview skills training
- Connecting students and alumni with local employers
- Career panels, company visits, on-campus recruiting, & career fairs
- Career Coach - designed to help you find a career by providing a career assessment, and the most current data on wages, employment, job postings and associated education and training
- Purple Briefcase - search and apply for job and internship opportunities, network with employers, gain career tips and more
- Optimal Resume - highly customizable online resume builder, including a wide variety of career specific sample
Our Office Mission
The Office of Career Services fosters a supportive environment that assists students with their journey of self-exploration and provides students with the ability to make a successful transition. Through this philosophy we work to empower students to develop comprehensive educational and lifelong career goals that are aligned with each student’s individual values to promote student success.
Our Office Vision
The Office of Career Services strives to inspire student potential through the elimination of barriers induced by limitations of knowledge and experiences. Through exploration and reflection, we hope to enable students to look within themselves to uncover hidden potential in order to thrive in a globally diverse society.
Office of Career Services
Monday - Friday
8:30AM - 4:30PM
Academic Building Room 202
1101 Sherman Drive, Utica NY 13501