When you need to cancel class due to illness, personal reasons or professional commitments, it is important to officially notify your students and Department College Services Associate in a timely fashion.

When you cancel, you may provide instructions for your students to follow about make-up sessions and assignments due. There are two ways to cancel your classes:

• By using the MVCC web site Class Cancellations Link 

• By calling the dedicated Class Cancellation Telephone line (315-792-5630)

Using the website link:

When cancelling a class USING THE MVCC WEB SITE, please follow this procedure:

• Go to the site, www.mvcc.edu
• Click on the Faculty and Staff Tab at the top of the home page. 
• Locate the SIRS button in the lower left column and CLICK. 
• Log into SIRS using your M Number and Pin or your SS# and PIN
• Click on Faculty & Advisors Menu
• Click on Class Cancellation Screen
• Enter Instructor ID & PIN
• Enter the information concerning which class/CRN will be cancelled.  You may also enter additional student instructions about assignments.

The class cancellation telephone line 315-792-5630:

While you may continue to post class cancellations using the web site, you may also cancel by calling the Class Cancellation Telephone Line. This is a dedicated telephone line for the purpose of canceling class sessions.

EXAMPLE: “Hello – I’m Jane Smith and I need to cancel EN 101, Sec. J10 that meets today from 12:00 – 12:50 in IT 126. I intend to make up this class and will inform my Center Senior Office Specialist and students when I return when the make-up day will occur.”

If you use the class cancellation phone line, you do NOT need to cancel using the web site as well.

Notice of your class cancellation is posted on the MVCC web site, on your classroom door and on the electronic TV screens around campus. Your Department Associate Dean and College Services Associate are also notified that your class is cancelled and your absence is recorded.

When you return to campus, please contact your Associate Dean or the College Services Associate with your class make-up plans.