Business Analytics degree program information
Ready to Apply?Start the application process now!
As more companies look to data to make informed decisions, demand is growing for business analytics professionals with expertise in handling complex data and using it to improve products, processes, and strategies. Data analytics skills are used widely in a variety of fields, including marketing, financial management, healthcare, transportation, and manufacturing.
MVCC’s Business Analytics AS degree program, which combines aspects of data science, mathematics, and general business knowledge, will prepare you to continue your education in a four-year Business Analytics program or start your career. Learn to effectively collect, organize, and cleanse data; develop your skills in data analysis and interpretation; and learn to use industry-leading software to create useful models built on data.
Upon completion of the two-year associate in science degree program, students should be competent in all of the following areas:
- Application of statistical methods for common business decision-making processes.
- Ability to derive meaning from organized data using statistical methods commonly used in modern business settings.
- Effective gathering, cleansing, and organization of data for statistical analysis.
- Effective communication.
- Proficiency with software commonly used for predictive analysis and data analysis.
- Understanding of the role of data analysis in effective leadership.
- Ethical reasoning skills, including an understanding of social, civic, and professional responsibilities.
- Effective interaction within a diverse business population.
- Understanding of how different cultural beliefs and customs impact a global business society.
- Bellevue University
- Le Moyne College
- SUNY Polytechnic Institute
- Southern New Hampshire University
- Utica University
- Business analyst
- Business systems analyst
- Data engineer
- Data visualization analyst
- Marketing analyst